Friday, August 25, 2006

Weekend Update

Kanye Show

I'm looking to pick up tickets for the just announced Kanye West show at the Nokia Theater. I love Kanye's stuff, most rap albums can't sustain the seemingly obligatory 75 minute running time, but both Kanye albums are great listening experiences through and through. Admittedly, rap doesn't translate as well live as rock music, but I'd still like to see him, if the price is right. Plus, Pharrel is there as well, I love his work on N.E.R.D, though I've yet to check out his generally panned solo album.

Veronica Mars

I've started watching Veronica Mars: Season Two on DVD, through the first six episodes. It's a good show, I really enjoy watching it, but I don't think it has the depth of a really great show, like Buffy to which it's frequently compared. That said, the second season is stronger than the first because there's more character continuity. The first season had much more focus on the standalone mystery of the week, while here the standalone mysteries are generally incidental, a way of commenting on the main plot. I'll definitely be watching when the show starts its third season in October.

New Films

The trailer for my new film, All Good Things, is now up online. Head over to the official Respect! Films site to download it, or just watch the Youtube below. I've got one more day of shooting on that film, probably Monday, then I'll be editing it for a release at some point in September. I've also got to get the new workshop film online, that'll be up at some point this week.



Upcoming Events of Note
8/29 - Arrested Development Season 3 on DVD
8/29 - Michel Gondry @ Apple Store
8/29 - Kanye West @ Nokia Theater
8/31 - North @ Trash Bar
9/22 - Science of Sleep Releated
9/24 - The Flaming Lips at Hammerstein
10/20 - Marie Antoinette Released
10/25 - Seven Soldiers #1 Released
11/22 - The Fountain Released
11/22 - The Fountain Released

No comments: